Telecom Namibia, which is celebrating its 20th birthday, is the main sponsor of the 13th Economist Businesswomen Conference which starts at Oshandira Lodge in Oshakati tomorrow.
This annual conference brings together mainly female entrepreneurs who are starting, expanding and/or working to improve their businesses, for a day of networking and professional development.
Over 100 participants are expected to attend the event, which will give them tools they need to move their businesses and careers forward by generating new ideas, making new connections and exploring new opportunities.
Telecom Namibia board member Feitjie Veldskoen, who is billed to open the conference, is expected to re-commit the company to initiatives that encourage women entrepreneurship and empowerment in order to change lives for the better and make a difference to society.
Attendees will also learn from the following presentations by established business leaders and executives:
· The importance/benefits of strong relationships to grow your business with Nangula Uaandja, Partner: PriceWaterhouseCoopers
· The power of your brand with Erica Mulondo, National Service Manager, Standard Bank Namibia
· Money lessons from Lyanla with Afra Schimming-Chase, Founder: Chase & Associates
· Telecommunication solutions for small businesses with Amanda Hauuanga, Head: Marketing at Telecom Namibia
· Women and investments with Monica Kalondo, Managing Director: Stimulus Investments
· The Law of Contract with Frieda Kashi, Legal Practitioner, Law Society of Namibia
· Innovation and business idea generation with Silas Newaka, Innovation Marketplace Officer, Namibia Business Incubation Centre (NBIC)
“This conference is a platform for women to improve their business and management skills, consequently providing, mentoring, and networking opportunities that are critically needed for the success of their businesses,” said Frans Ndoroma, Managing Director of Telecom Namibia.
“From the very beginning it has been Telecom Namibia's resolve to help the communities we operate in and we are thankful to all our customers and partners who have very sincerely appreciated our efforts over the past 20 years," said Ndoroma.
The Telecom MD added that the annual conference has opened new opportunities for deserving women and has provided them a platform to enhance their skills and believe in their abilities. “Therefore, Telecom Namibia is proud to continue its support to women as wed celebrate a landmark moment in our company’s history,” he said.
Telecom Namibia has been a long-time partner and supporter of the Namibia Businesswomen Projects which organizes the anual Businesswomen Conference, the Katuka Mentorship Programme, the Namibian Businesswomen of the Year Award and the Businesswomen Bursary Fund.